Spencer and I bring you a podcast recorded before quarantine happened, and its all about casual shirts! And by casual shirts, I mean nearly all of them: sportshirts, OCBDs, polos, workshirts and westerners.
We hope you enjoy!
- 0:15 Introduction
- 0:40 WAYWT
- 3:40 Casual Shirts
- 4:30 Star Wars Corner
- 6:35 Defining Casual Shirts
- 7:10 OCBD’s
- 9:20 Polo Shirts
- 14:15 Sport/Cuban Collar Shirt
- 27:20 “Terry cloth shirts are great pool party or beach shirts – why drape yourself in a towel when you can button up a shirt and be dry afterward?”
- 28:35 CPO/Work Shirt
- 32:10 What’s Steve Bannon Up To?
- 37:30 “I happened to be taking a shit at this mall.”
- 43:50 Sawtooth/Western Shirt
- 56:30 Q&A!
- 59:30 “Spier and Mackay – do it all the way.”
Useful Links to See
- Forced Labor Source
- Sportshirt Article
- Workshirt/Westerner Article
- Aloha Shirt Article
- Guayabera Shirt Article
- Brief on Terry Cloth
- PTO on Summer Shirts here and here
- Die, Workwear on sportshirts
- Permanent Style reviews the Bryceland’s Sawtooth
From One (1) Casual Boi: I’m an infrequent suit-wearer trying to buy One Good Suit for those occasions. Anything you guys recommend in the $800-$1000 range? Any tips for versatility? Is it a mistake to get a brown suit? I just think they look cool.
A: Spier & Mackay RTW or try to get MTO if you can. Or you can get a custom suit from our friend Dave Fugel of Atelier Fugue, maker of my custom cotton suits. Other MTM like Tailors Keep or P. Johnson will be closer to $2k.
Submit your questions and stories for the SadCast!
Big thank you to MJ for producing the podcast and Matthew for helping us with outlines, notes, and quotes.