So we’re officially in quarantine. But don’t despair! Your favorite menswear boys come to with a new podcast episode, exploring how to dress when staying in, what are “good pajamas”, and how we’re staying sane in this troubled time.
- 0:25 Introduction
- 3:40 WAYWT
- 6:30 “I’m all sweaty from eating.”
- 8:45 Clothes for Staying at Home
- 8:50 “I think that you should wear clothes that make you feel happy.”
- 13:10 Pajamas
- 16:40 “Pajamas have an old-school connotation because you had an outfit for every occasion.”
- 24:30 Sweaters
- 28:40 “Having an outfit for work around the house is a good way to separate your work/life balance.”
- 30:10 Button-ups
- 31:00 Pants
- 36:55 Hoodies
- 44:10 Q&A!
- 45:05 “Posting is our lifeline.”
- 50:25 Menswear Books
- 51:25 “I prefer getting coffee-table books with photography because I think you’re better off learning visually and seeing what works.”
- 56:40 Movie & Show Recommendations
- Movies from the Great Depression (because they’re feel good) like Modern Times, Footlight Parade, or My Man Godfrey
- Rear Window for feeling trapped, bored, and a bit of a voyeur
- Contagion, The Shining, Misery if you’re feeling edgy
- Ethan’s Comedies: CBB, Arrested Development, Community, Frasier, I Think You Should Leave
- On Cinema, At the Cinema
From Al: What are the best menswear books??
- Dressing the Man
- Take Ivy
- Hollywood and the Ivy Look
- I am Dandy & We are Dandy
- This Guy
- Japanese Magazines – like vintage Free and Easy, Clutch, Popeye, Lightning Archives
- Dating Vintage Menswear
- Assorted works by Bruce Boyers and David Coggins (that we’ve never read)
Just a note: menswear is hard to learn by “theory”. The best experience is done by actually experimenting, trying on clothes, and true trial-and-error. We especially recommend you to seek out inspiration and talk to people, so you can get a personal understanding of style.
Stay safe! Buh-bye.
Podcast is produced by MJ with show notes assisted by Matthew.