This is it, our big AMA episode! We answer your questions like how we dress in hot weather, if vintage style will ever die, and what the heck do we have as our phone lock screens!
Today also marks the launch of our Patreon and Discord! There are some big things coming in the future.
Important: Please donate to organizations fighting Police Brutality before you consider contributing to our Patreon. We recorded this episode and wrote the show notes before the protests transpired so we apologize for not mentioning it within the pod proper. The podcast will be fine. Justice comes first.
Also, for the month of June, all proceeds of our Patreon will be given to these groups as well!
Support the Podcast on Patreon for Extra Content and to Join the Discord!
Episode Sponsor: Clarke & Barba
We’re proud to announce that the first sponsor of our podcast is our friends over at Clarke & Barba. You’ve definitely seen them on the blog before, as we collaborated a while back to design a fantastic leather tote bag that Spencer and I use quite a bit. They’re among one of the great LA based artisans who make their goods all by hand! If you haven’t checked our our namesake bags, you definitely should.
In addition to creating tote bags and other leather goods, they’ve also started making face masks available for purchase on Etsy! The unisex masks are made of 100% cotton print fabric & organic linen, are machine washable and reusable, and have pleats for a comfortable fit. They are not medical masks or filtered respirators. 25% of the proceeds of their facemasks will go to the Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation for COVID-19 relief!
You can use code: STYLEANDDIRECTION for 15% off any leather product on their website or Etsy!
- 2:40 Intro
- 5:05 It’s Alive! The Patreon that is
- 7:20 AUA!
- 9:35 Describe your ideal bespoke suit.
- 13:15 Fav military clothing item ever, you don’t already have to own it.
- 17:45 What common pitfalls do guys make when they are building their wardrobe?
- 24:50 How do you stay dapper in hot places like the Inland Empire where it’s 80-90°F?
- 29:15 Do you like Peaky Blinders?
- 32:00 What does the home screen of your phone look like?
- 35:30 Will vintage ever die?
- 43:00 Creepers or Edgy loafers? Ps you’re my vintage inspiration.
- 45:00 How do you get into the business side of the menswear world?
- 47:55 How do you keep your suits pressed without using the cleaners all the time?
- 49:40 If cost were not an issue: what shoes, suits, and shirts would you buy and wear?
- 51:25 3 shoes each of you couldn’t go without?
- 53:15 What do you find in french ivy you don’t find elsewhere?
- 57:00 How to match suspenders with the rest of the outfit?
- 58:00 How do you see the difference between 50’s and 60’s tailoring?
- 59:55 How do you successfully do separates: materials, colors and cuts specifically.
- 1:01:40 Have you developed a uniform and is this something you strive toward?
- 1:03:50 Not a question but love the podcast. Big love from England!
Submit Your Questions & Stories
Thanks for listening and reading along! Don’t forget to support us on Patreon to get some extra content and access to our exclusive Discord. And we stream on Twitch too.
Shout out to Clarke & Barba for sponsoring the episode. Grab a bag at 15% off with “STYLEANDDIRECTION”.
StyleandDirection | EthanMWong | SpencerDSO
The Podcast is produced by MJ and Matthew.